Requirements for Volunteer
Due to the essential services, we provide, the health and safety of our counselors and the individuals we serve are of utmost importance to us.
We will be meeting virtually and continue to recruit. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses you will be asked to participate with our recruitment team.
Camp MHA offer community-based programs to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as to their families throughout central Florida. We will be looking for staff that have high moral character, love for the outdoors, an enthusiasm for life and an interest in working with special populations.
Counselors- walk through the program with their campers, attending to them during games, crafts, mealtimes, free time, and chapel. Counselors are fully trained and equipped to care for their campers during our staff training.
Program Staff - Program Assistants come alongside the Program Manager while camp is in session to process and file paperwork, and to support planning and operation of the program.
Directors- are responsible for the planning and operation of planned activities including arts & crafts, music, games, and other events. They assist the Program Manager in ensuring a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all campers.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent Must be minimum of 18 years of age Must have 1- year experience Valid Florida Driver’s License with no suspensions due to moving violations in past 3 years Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds Must pass a Level 2 background check for any of these position
What we offer you:
- Full, Part time and Seasonal schedules
- A rewarding work environment
- Competitive pay rates; paid training
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives daily
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Interest in working with children and adults with disabilities
- Individuals who are enthusiastic and have high moral character
- Independent and ability to supervise and take care of others
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same Initial and mandatory training requirement.